Thursday, September 21, 2006

Ottawa International Animation Festival 2006: This Weekend!!

I'm packing my bags and taking the ol' family to Ottawa for the weekend! For those of you who didn't know, a commercial that I directed for Chuck Gammage Animation has been accepted into this year's festival. It will be playing in the Short Competition #4, on Saturday, September 23, 3:00 pm (NAC - Southam Hall), and on Sunday, September 24, 11:00 am (Bytowne Cinema). I'll also be at the Meet The Filmmakers 4, on Sunday, September 24, 9:30 am (Novotel - Cafe Nicole).
The Commercial is called Lion and Zebra (Sport in a Box), and is a public service announcment for United Nations Canada. If you can't make it to the Festival, and haven't seen it yet, you can watch it here!
If you are going to be in Ottawa, I hope to see you there! I'm going to do my best to attend a few of the other events, such as the Bob Clampett Retrospective. I'd also like to pick up a copy of Amid Amidi's book Cartoon Modern, at his book signing. I'm looking forward to another fun and busy weekend. It should be good.

6 Comments:

Blogger murrayb said...

yay! I'll be there, see you and the famdamily.

9:06 PM  
Blogger craig said...

Good luck Blair. Hope you have a great time!

2:15 AM  
Blogger Mirco said...

That comercial was amazing! And what a great cause as well.

3:59 PM  
Blogger Blair Kitchen said...

mirco: That was one of the many nice things about doing this commercial. It was a fun style that you don't usually get to do, the ad agency guys were great to work with and didn't try to do our job for us, and the commercial wasn't trying to sell sugar to kids, which I can't stand. Everything except the deadline and money was perfect, but because of all of the other plusses, it was one of the most enjoyable commercials I've worked on.

6:08 PM  
Blogger Mirco said...

It sounds like a great experience. And what a great commercial, I love the design and the scketchyness of the animation. I'm completely jealous.

1:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

awesome sketch on the top. Great stuff!

2:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home